Wyndham Worldwide Honored for Social Responsibility
Wyndham Worldwide is being honored by FTSE4Good in Europe for its social-responsibility program. Wyndham has also been recognized by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for five years in North America. Both the FTSE4Good and the Dow Jones Sustainability index are based on environmental, social, and governance scales that provide consumers and market insiders with information on how sustainable companies are.
Wyndham’s Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative focuses on five areas:
- Philanthropy. Wyndham partnered with Save the Children to help future generations grow and prosper. Wyndham also has an internal charity that helps employees in hardship.
- Environmental sustainability. Since 2010, Wyndham has reduced carbon emissions by 33 percent and water waste by 20 percent. It continues to set goals to reduce its carbon footprint.
- Human Trafficking. The company offers owners information on how to spot and stop human trafficking, and helps provide victims with safe places to stay after they’ve been rescued.
- Associate Wellness. Wyndham is recognized by the American Heart Association as having one of the best employee health programs. The company encourages its employees to have a holistic health program, including physical and emotional health.
- Diversity. Wyndham is one of the most diverse places to work, and takes pride in hiring a diverse employee pool. It was named in DiversityInc’s Top 25 list in 2016, and is one of the safest places to work for LGBTQ+ people.
Timesharing Today extends congratulations to Wyndham Worldwide for being recognized as one of the world’s most socially responsible companies.
By Kristina Payne October 23, 2017 24 Comments